Saturday, June 28, 2008

Orientation and Fiesole

Ciao! Luckily one of our roommates has been able to find ONE spot on the kitchen table where we can get internet (stolen from someone else), so I have a chance to update today! Things have been GREAT since I wrote last. Yesterday we went on a tour of Firenze and it was amazing. One of the teachers has been leading all of the tours and he literally knows everything about everything. He has so many interesting facts and can explain every piece of artwork on every building. I've learned a lot of interesting stuff, and I'm writing it all down and taking a ton of pictures!! Also, both my suitcases came which is a huge relief. Last night we had a group dinner with everyone in the program. It was nice but we went to one of those stupid Americanized Italian restaraunts and the food was lame. They served french fries, but I refused to eat them, lol! After that a lot of people were going out, but going to bars by the duomo that were completely overpriced and touristy, so I just came home! I couldn't fall asleep until 4 in the morning. JETLAG SUCKS!
Today we woke up earrrly and we had a trip to Fiesole!! We took a bus to the top of the mountain and then the same teacher gave us a tour of everything. The view was breathtaking! It was incredible being in a city that has been around for 3000 years. Everyone grabbed a little lunch and then we just headed back to the apartment. It's so hot and we were walking around so much, we're all so tired!
Hopefully, we'll be taking a trip to Mercato Centrale soon. Everyone is into cooking here, so I'm excited about that. I feel like I'm already picking up on some Italian even though I haven't started class yet. I carry my dictionary around everywhere, so I'm constantly looking words up. I try to speak in it whenever I can!!
Anyway, I think it's time for a Siesta. <3

No comments: